- Category: Info Links
- Published: Monday, 19 September 2011 13:16
- Written by webmaster
- Hits: 1135
LFCC Fisheries & Conservation Action Plan Workshops.
This is your chance to have your say and your support is vital !!
Agenda can be found here.
Time: 09:00 to 16:30
Date 1: Saturday 24 September 2011 Risley Memorial Hall
Date 2: Tuesday 4 October 2011 Dinton Pastures Country Park
Workshop aim: to ensure the views of people with an interest in fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment are represented in an agreed integrated action plan. This plan may be used for a variety of purposes from linking Water Framework Directive actions, development of site fisheries management plans to attracting funds required to deliver larger scale or cumulative fisheries and conservation projects.
- raise awareness of WFD issues in the Loddon catchment
- plot issues at a location (s) on large scale maps of waters in the Loddon catchment (stillwaters, rivers and streams, Basingstoke Canal)
- cluster issues into generic problems or opportunities e.g. diffuse pollution or habitat degradation
- identify WFD issues and Loddon Consultative issues
- prioritise actions into short, medium and long term
- provide the platform for the draft LFCAP
LFCAP benefits – why take part?
- 1) Help secure a better environment for people and wildlife
- 2) Deliver an agreed integrated action plan for fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment from 2011 onwards
- 3) Deliver Water Framework Directive objectives to achieve good ecological status/potential
- 4) Give communities a useful reference for projects, research/monitoring and management
- 5) Provide an effective means to secure future funding
- 6) Take advantage of a tool box of techniques to address your fisheries and conservation issues
What to do next?
- · Respond with your availability on both days as we need to book a venue large enough and plan sufficient helpers
- · Consult with friends, colleagues or partners on what issues and opportunities affect fisheries and conservation in the Loddon catchment
- · Attend one or two LFCC workshops on 24 September or 4 October 2011 and get your views recorded
Saturday 24th September
RISELEY MEMORIAL HALL
Swallowfield Parish Hall and Davies Room
(Swallowfield Street, RG7 1QX)
From junction 11 on the M4, take first exit off the first roundabout to Three Mile Cross and Spencers Wood (A3349). After about 2 miles, pass the Mill House Hotel and immediately turn left, signposted Swallowfield ¼ m. The Hall is on the left, just before the mini roundabout and War Memorial.
Riseley Memorial Hall and RSF Tennis Club
(Odiham Road, Riseley RG7 1SD)
From the Wellington Country Park roundabout, the Hall is 250 yards, towards Swallowfield, on the righthand side.
Tuesday 4th October
MULTIACTIVITY CENTRE - DINTON PASTURES
!!!!!! Sorry but you will need to pay for Parking !!!!
£1 for up to 1 hour £1.50 for 1-4 hours £2 for over 4 hours